- "Gotham, this is your only warning. Abandon this city, or I will unleash your greatest fears. Tonight, Gotham falls, a city of fear rises!"
- ―Scarecrow, Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay trailer - "Evening the Odds"
|Batman: Arkham Knight|
|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||June 23 2015|
|Genre||Action-adventure, beat 'em up, stealth|
|Input method(s)||Gamepad, keyboard & mouse|
|Preceded by||Batman: Arkham Origins|
Batman: Arkham Knight is an action-adventure video game and the sequel to Batman: Arkham City, as well as the finale to the Batman: Arkham series. The game is once more developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Unlike its predecessors, the game is being developed solely for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It was originally scheduled for a worldwide release on October 14 2014, but was rescheduled for a release of June 2 2015, and later delayed again to June 23 2015.
Arkham Knight takes place in an all-new central zone of Gotham City split into three islands, an area roughly five times the size of the map in Arkham City. Barbara Gordon's base of operations is the clock tower.
Batman's grapple gun has been upgraded to Mark III, and his line launcher now has the capability to be used while gliding, creating instant perch points and ziplines. All quickfire gadgets have also been upgraded to be used mid-flight. Batman can also pick up weapons and use them against his enemies. Another upgrade for Batman is the ability to perform a quick-ground takedown. Batman is also able to burst through glass surfaces while gliding. When being attacked, Batman can now counter by throwing his assailant at another goon.
Normal goons now have the ability to charge, a tactic previously exclusive to larger enemies.
Batman can summon the Batmobile to his position. The vehicle itself can do burnouts, jumps, boosts, and rotate in circles. The Batmobile is bulletproof, allowing it to smash through barricades, trees and building corners.
In the game, there are 18 side missions that Batman can defeat villains. Four of them are exclusive if The Season of Infamy is purchased.
Nine months have passed since the death of the Joker and criminal activity has been reduced to zero. However, an alliance between Scarecrow, Deathstroke and the elusive Arkham Knight attacked Gotham on Halloween.
- Kevin Conroy as Batman, Hush
- Grey DeLisle as Catwoman
- Mark Hamill as Joker
- Nolan North as the Penguin
- Wally Wingert as the Riddler
- Tara Strong as Harley Quinn
- Troy Baker as Two-Face, Red Hood
- Jonathan Banks as James Gordon
- Dave Fennoy as Lucius Fox
- Ashley Greene as Oracle
- Khary Payton as Azrael
- Scott Porter as Nightwing
- John Noble as Scarecrow
- Mark Rolston as Deathstroke
- Crispin Freeman as Firefly
- Loren Lester as Man-Bat
- Tasia Valenza as Poison Ivy
- Matthew Mercer as Robin
- Steve Blum as Killer Croc
- Maurice LaMarche as Mr. Freeze
- Dee Bradley Baker as Ra's al Ghul
- Peter MacNicol as Mad Hatter
- Marc Worden as Deacon Blackfire
- Dwight Schultz as Professor Pyg
- Martin Jarvis as Alfred Pennyworth
- GameInformer - April 2014 issue